We are seeking a professional seller who can connect with clients to help them achieve their business objectives through effective broadcast television, radio, and multi-platform digital advertising solutions. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and outgoing personality with a drive to succeed. Most importantly, we are looking for a hard-working marketer who wants to have FUN at work, while helping local businesses grow!
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Generate revenue for the stations and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques.
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and digital products.
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating broadcast television, radio and digital solutions.
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management.
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts.
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives.
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
• Ability to overcome objections
• Outside sales experience preferred but will train if no experience
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
Salary plus commission career opportunity.
Apply directly to GSM, Steve Ellicott :
Star City News is looking for a passionate reporter/multi-media journalist to join our news team. This position is responsible for newsgathering and reporting for broadcast, digital, other multi-platform applications, including shooting, writing and editing. We want someone who can connect with our viewers in the Greater Lafayette area on all platforms including television, web and social media.
General assignment reporting
• Evaluate news leads and pitch unique stories
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Participate in station community and promotional events
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• College degree, preferably in broadcast journalism
• Premiere Pro edit experience a plus, and video camera/photography skills
• Exceptional writing, speech, grammar and spelling
• Ability to list 25-30 pounds of equipment required
• Clean background check, driving record and drug test required
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Be active on social media
• Must be a self-motivator, able to meet tight deadlines, have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Demonstrates good news judgment and decision making
Additional Job Requirements:
• Multi-Media Journalist experience a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
• Upbeat personality and quick wit
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
Please send your resume, cover letter and a link to your demo reel to:
Sabrina Israel, GM @ Star City Broadcasting
Star City Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.